employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Production Associate - Tire Builder
1200 Rove Ave, Charles City, IA 50616
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments - Operate machinery and equipment. - Activate bead setters that press prefabricated beads onto plies. - Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends. - Brush or spray solvents onto plies to ensure adhesion, and repeat process as specified, alternating direction of each ply to strengthen tires. - Build semi-raw rubber treads onto buffed tire casings in order to prepare tires for vulcanization in recapping or retreading processes. - Cut plies at splice points, and press ends together to form continuous bands. - Depress pedals to collapse drums after processing is complete. - Depress pedals to rotate drums, and wind specified numbers of plies around drums to form tire bodies. - Fill cuts and holes in tires, using rubber. - Fit inner tubes and final layers of rubber onto tires. - Measure tires to determine mold size requirements. - Position ply stitcher rollers and drums according to width of stock, using hand tools and gauges. - Position rollers that turn ply edges under and over beads or use steel rods to turn ply edges. - Pull plies from supply racks and align plies with edges of drums. - Start rollers that bond tread and plies as drums revolve.
- Shift start: 2:00PM or 10:00PM
- Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
- Days: Sunday night through Thursday night or Monday through Friday - Some Friday nights/Saturdays (2 per month)
- Health, dental, vision insurance available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- Must be able to work 8-10 hour shift
- Must have be self motivated
- This position requires continuous work.
- Must be at least 18+ years old
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
Trelleborg is a provider of engineered polymer solutions that seal, damp, and protect critical applications. Trelleborg is a publicly-traded company and is headquartered in Sweden.